Monday 30 June 2008

LONGEST

I had traditional locks that I kept in for approximately 9 years. They were great until I started losing locks because of the shear weight.....then I began combining locks together. This I didn't like, as they started to look fat. For me ladies and gents, fat locks are a BIG no no!(ha ha notice the pun there.......none intended BTW)

Anyway to cut a long story short, (gosh, I've done it again) I was bored with the length and cut about 6 inches off standing in front of a mirror with a pair of scissors! My two kids watched in horror as I proceeded to lob chunks of my locks off. Only God knows how I managed to get it straight but I did and I considered myself lucky to have gotten away with it.

That was that....or so I thought. A year later after many months oohing and aahing I did the drastic thing got the clippers out and shaved everything off so close I didn't even have to comb or brush my hair!!!!

At work for that week anyway I was called baldy by a colleague, however my boss told me I had the right shaped head to be able to carry it off. Did I care what anyone was thinking at the time????........Hell no!

Any way it's been a whole year now since I did the 'drastic' thing. I have enjoyed the D.I.Y short hair cuts, washing it everyday, not having to wear hair wraps to bed, and the very best of all.........saving loads of money! Yey!

To be honest I have saved a whole lot more over the period that I had my traditional locks, as I washed, and re twisted my locks myself throughout that period.

On the 21st February 2008 (day of my last hair cut), I decided no more short hair for me. With that I decided Sisterlocks is the way to go, so I am seeing my consultant on the 25th of July 2008, (exactly 26 days from today) for the installments. Yey!

However before the installation takes place, she will be very kindly installing sample locks a week from today......can't wait......so watch this space.