Tuesday, 23 December 2008
Monday, 15 December 2008
Tuesday, 2 December 2008
- The tool is too long and fiddly for some of my short locks.
- The opening though clever because you don't have to thread your locks through the loop, does however catch strands of nearby locks. (needless to say, rather painful)
- On reflection, it looks easier for someone else to use while locking your hair.
- For £1.50, it was well worth the try.
Thursday, 27 November 2008
Advantage though is that you can see quite clearly how much growth you've had over a certain period. (see, grey hair has its uses...he he)
Monday, 17 November 2008
Marie had anticipated over 4 hours simply because of the extremely tiny locks I have lurking about 2 inches above the nap of my neck! Only God knows what's going on there. ..... Anyway the good news is that it's growing and I also appeared to have gained an extra lock....Yaaaaaay!
Three and a half hours later I was on my way home! No pics folks, because not much as changed other than the grey on my head ain't as bad as I had anticipated.......Don't get me wrong, I have plenty! Anyway with the blonde thing going on, am wearing it well!!
I will post photos at the two month mark! The difference should be more apparent then.
As usual, thank you for reading folks!!
Friday, 31 October 2008
1 It's more flexible.
2 It feels stronger/thicker.
3 There's a lot of growth, especially in thinning areas!
4 It looks fuller.
5 It has a mind of its own first thing!
6 It is very obedient to 'water only' spray.
7 It responds beautifully to finger combing.
8 It has curls at the end in some places.
9 It has what looks like bubbles in some.
10 I grow in love with it from one micro second to the next!
Tuesday, 21 October 2008
1) First of all my hair was put in bunches (not braided because my hair was too thick in areas and too short in others)...aren't they just pretty???
2) Then my hair was dampened with a mixture of Ayurveda shampoo (means science of life) and water from a spray gun.
3) Then the actual bunches were squeezed individually to ensure proper saturation of mixture into the hair, whilst the base was patted gently.
4) Finally the hair was rinsed using tepid water from the shower ensuring at all times the water pressure was very low. Too high ladies and gents and you will literally blast away your consultants hard work!!
5) Rinse well to rid your locks of any shampoo residue....(it is certainly worth the extra minute or two of TLC!)
6) Towel dry hair gently to absorb excess water.
7) Individually remove bands by pulling one part of it with your fingers before inserting a pair of scissors and snipping: and like magic, they unravel themselves from your locks. (GOES WITHOUT SAYING HERE FOLKS......BE VERY CAREFUL YOU DON'T SNIP YOUR LOCKS!!!).
8) Working bunch by bunch, separate each lock from the other, (this is very important especially if there is new grow....these babies love each other so much they want to bind with each other!!). Speaking of new growth, can you see the grey babies saying hello again???
9) Once every bunch has been attended to, you may blow dry to speed the drying process........but again use very low gentle heat and work in a circular motion. (Personally I prefer air drying).
10) Last but certainly not the least, style as desired. THAT'S IT.
Thursday, 16 October 2008
Don't know if you can actually see from my pictures that I have varying lengths of locks on my head and boy is it short in some places. Marie worked her magic and made it happen and in return I promised to be a very good girl by not spraying with water or anything else for that matter. Water causes swelling and swelling causes slippage! It has been extremely tempting at times as my locks have a mind of their own first thing in the morning. However as you all know, taking a bath/shower usually sorts the locks out as the steam tames them a little bit.
How about the itching folks? I normally wash my hair every week and to say that it has been very challenging, is an understatement. However I look on the positive side (or negative in this case) and think don't want to do SLIPPAGE!! As if my magic, the yearn to get in there reduces a great deal.
Whilst on the subject of shampooing, my first wash is planned for this coming Monday. So look out for my posting on the subject.
Till then my lovelies!!
Monday, 6 October 2008
A BIG THANK YOU TO MARIE OF CAMMALOCKS!!!
To summarise, we chatted, we listened to various types of music, we watched movies, I napped, Marie plodded on, we chatted some more, we listen to more music, we ate, we laughed, we laughed and did I mentioned that we laughed?
It was a long time coming as you know (& if you don't, read my earlier posts). It has certainly been worth the wait!!!
Tuesday, 30 September 2008
Monday, 15 September 2008
So gradually the extensions started falling out and I encouraged them too by pulling the ones on the perimeter and wearing head bands to cover the mess!
They lasted a total of 3 weeks whereby I couldn't stand it any longer!
Did I mentions that am having micro locks???? Boy I can't wait!!!
Monday, 8 September 2008
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share 6 non important facts/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Tag 6 random people at the end of your post by linking to their blog.
5. Let them each know they have been tagged!
1. I asked my parents to send me to boarding school when I was 11 years old. It was three thousand miles away!
2. Every time I lock the front door to my home, I always have to push it 3 times to make sure I have definitely locked it! (minor OCD or what???).
3. At least 3 times a week, I walk the 3 miles it takes to get to work. That's 1 hour to work and 1 hour back from work. Which can workout to be a total of 6 hours or more per week! (No gym and it's expense pour moi!).
4. I generally try to eat my evening meal before 7pm. So in the morning, I am really Breaking The Fast!
5. I am going to miss my 18 year old daughter who is going to university on the 14th of September (next Sunday). She is such a Gem, I should miss the extra goodies I find lurking the fridge and the smell of cooking when I turn the key in the lock in the evenings!
6. I make sure I use my instincts every moment of my waking life. I use it for the tiniest of decisions to the big ones. I have been know to ignore it in the past only for me to come back and do what I should have done all along! You have been warned.....use your instincts and don't let greed, ego and all the negatives get in the way!!
OKAY PEEPS YOU HAVE BEEN TAGGED!!!!
1. ANGEL LOCS
Tuesday, 5 August 2008
The reason for this being that she feels it maybe that the old ones are too small hence the 3 above, but just in case she has added the 4 below with different lock systems.
Then in 2 months time when I have my locks installed she will be removing this babies to make room for the fresh ones.
Oh yes, she also re tightened the four '25 day old' sample locks.
As it happens, the Lovely Consultant had a cancellation and can now fit N1 in from the 3rd of October through to the 5th of October.
The LC empathised but wasn't really surprised as she has clients on her books who had been through the same hassle locating a decent consultant.
Even over the phone this LC was so thorough and filled N1's head with more information than she'd received from the other two consultants put together!
Two days later she was sat on the LC's chair adding 7 more sample locks to N1's hair, and while she did this, she explained the reason for each row she put in.
N1 also watched a presentation that lasted 30 minutes, she signed a mini contract, she received a receipt for her payments and she laughed a lot!!
This LC is very very professional and N1 walked away with plenty of paper pamphlets plus she even got a call the day after reiterating that if N1 had any questions about anything, (even the money) she mustn't hesitate to call her and ask. (Is this woman an ANGEL or what??).
So boys and girls this is the end of this episode on finding the right consultant.
The moral of this story is....well I have more than 1!
1) Patience is a virtue!
2) Listen to your gut instints or (God instints)!
3) Don't sell yourself short!
4) If you're trying too hard, it ain't going to work!
5) You should feel totally relaxed, like you're with your best friend!
6) Distance shouldn't be numero uno on your list!
7) Remember you're paying for a good all round service!
8) Would you recommend your consultant?
9) Does it feel like 'coming home' when you step through her threshold?
10) How does she feel about you?
Monday, 4 August 2008
Now although the date for installation had moved to 2nd & 3rd of September, N1 was thinking hard and questions began to swirl around her head. 'My goodness' she thought 'the TC hadn't called to arrange a consultation I'd better call her and get my questions answered'.
So people in light of the 'telling offs' she'd received in the past, she wrote down her questions and actually PRAYED for her words to flow so that the TC wouldn't take offence by anything she said.
N1 called and asked a few questions.......she could sense the woman wasn't happy and imagined her standing with both hands on the hips & wondering what stupid questions might come out of N1's mouth. Then they got on to the subject of money and the TC said with such authority N1's heart skipped a beat.......'its £300 as stated by the CC when she spoke to you, the price is not going to change!!' At that precise moment in time, the penny finally dropped for N1. She made a decision there and then that the TC will NEVER CLAP EYES ON HER, let alone do her hair.
End of part 5, stay tuned for the final part 6.
Friday, 1 August 2008
After the CC gave directions she asked N1 for her name again and N1 told her. CC then lounged an attack that went something like this
...' you're the one that called TC and wanted to go and see her as well as seeing me.....let me tell you something, we don't do things like that, we Consultants are all very close and we inform each of 'would be' clients trying to DO THE ROUNDS!'...blah blah blah....
Well folks you can imagine N1 went ballistic and wondered what the hell was going on.....here she was literally minutes away from the CC's house and she was accusing N1 of wrong doing.....so she did what any hot blooded female would do and slammed the phone down after thanking her graciously for wasting her time and energy coming all the way to her area. She didn't care for this sort of accusations over nothing; and in fairness folks the CC did call N1 back and said as she was nearby she may well come by. (note to N1....always listen to gut instint....you should have gone HOME!!!)
N1 got to her house and it was as if cross words were never spoken before, but as N1 felt really uncomfortable, she brought the subject up again and tried to clear the air and even apologised for getting angry.
To cut an even longer story short, she gave N1 an album to look at which mostly consisted of shots of her good self, and N1 ended up leaving a deposit of £30 for securing an installation date. (How silly was N1...her gut instint was screaming what are you doing....are you guys going to be able to work together for the next year or so?????)
End of part 3, stay tuned for part 4.
As she got into her car the skies opened up and to make matters worse a car had overturned making the traffic a little unbearable, but because she set off early she was fairly confident she will make it on time. As the time passed, she called CC and warned her of the traffic and it went to voice mail....no matter thought N1, at least she will retrieve the message at some point.
Eventually N1 got there full of apologies and CC didn't look too pleased. 'No matter' thought N1 'keep apologizing!' N1 sat down and before she knew it, 4 sample locks were installed!
However folks while she was putting the locks in, CC then asked N1................. 'so where exactly was this accident on the motorway?' N1 answered but in her head she was thought........ 'gosh I have just spent the last two minutes apologising and explaining what happened, she obviously doesn't believe me'
Naturally the CC warned N1 the importance of arriving early etc etc for the big day, and that was that. N1 was practically frog marched to the door. (well she was running late & had to go out!)
End of part 4, stay tuned for part 5
Thursday, 31 July 2008
She called the 'Certified' consultant and was told to come down and have a look at her photo album and ask any questions (for no fee) & then if N1 was interested she can decide what steps to take there after. N1 and the CC agreed a day she could pop in.
When she put the phone down, N1 called the TC and hoped she might be able to go in and have an informal visit also whilst she was in the area. (This made a lot of sense to N1 as they both consultants lived fairly close by). Only the conversation didn't quite go as N1 had expected. It went something like this...
'Sorry, can I stop you there....we don't do things like that..' N1 replied something like what' am sorry I don't understand' She asked for N1's name and N1 gave it, then she asked what the consultant's name was that N1 had arranged to see and N1 gave her the name..(N1 supplied all information requested as she didn't have a game plan!!)
To cut a long story short, the TC said she was unable to see N1 anyway as she was out that particular day. When N1 put the phone down she felt like she had just been told off by a head teacher. However because N1 is a positive little girl, she dusted herself off and looked forward to seeing the CC on the agreed date.
End of part 2, stayed tuned for part 3.
Wednesday, 30 July 2008
Once upon a time, there was this little girl named N1 who once had a head full of lovely traditional locks, she got fed up with them one day and cut everything off until she was practically bald!
Then one day almost a year to the day, she decided she was going to start growing her hair again and thus began her search for the ideal hair option that would suit her lifestyle.
This little girl was determined that nothing was going to stop her. She used the Internet to do her research and she came across the 'Sisterlocks' website. It was then that she realised exactly what she wanted, locks only this time, so tiny that her hair would be more versatile. This was expensive but she soon realised that it was worth every penny!
So she accessed the website and contacted a 'Certified Consultant' by email and even added a photograph of her short blond hair. The reply arrived the following day with a lovely little message regarding her photograph but unfortunately she was fully booked until the end of the year.
This little boys and girls did not put little N1 off she replied and said 'no problem, my hair is still short and by the end of the year my hair would have grown a bit more'. N1 then received another prompt reply that said she would be contacted nearer the time, but in the mean time 'look after yourself on the inside and the outside would take care of its self. (or words to that effect!)........
End of part 1 stay tuned for part 2.....
Wednesday, 23 July 2008
Saturday, 19 July 2008
You see ladies and gentleman, I applied to go on a game show back in April and exactly 8 days to the day I was going to have my locks installed, I get this phone call from one of the game shows researcher.......'would you be able to come for an audition on Friday the 25th?' Well that took all of two seconds to decide...1st second was to process the date and the 2nd was to realise it was the day of my installation....the decision way easy my online friends........it was a toss between a chance of winning an incredible amount of money (top cash amount won so far on the show is well over £100,000...roughly around $60-70,000 us dollars) and doing my hair (which BTW has been moved another 6 weeks down the line to the 2nd and 3rd of September).
I have been walking on cloud 9 for the last 48 hours and thanking God with every breath I take.
My next goal is to get selected for the show itself. All prayers and positive affirmations are very welcome.
My daughter is going to University at the end of September and she is going to need all the assistance she can get financially so she can concentrate on her studies! It would also mean I can pay off all my debts and (this goes without saying) I wont have to worry and fret over how much my hair is going to cost to install and be maintained. Oh sweet sweet Jesus........I thank you!!
Tuesday, 15 July 2008
Turns out she is moving and so wont be able to do my hair until late September (she didn't want to do this as she knew how much I've been looking forward to my sitting next week!), so she has recommended the next best person.
I have spoken to Consultant #2 and we are all set for the same day. As per usual, I am looking forward to the day and know everything will be fine.
Tuesday, 8 July 2008
As I was about to leave work (One & half hours early), I received a phone call....someone requesting printed drawings that urgently needed mailing out. (by now I was screaming in my head...'Homer Simpson' style). I thought 'no.......calm down there is a reason for this.....I am being delayed for a purpose'. I managed to get out 15 minutes later and headed straight into traffic on the motorway. A 4x4 was over turned and was holding up the traffic on both sides!
Anyway an hour & a half later I arrived at my consultants full of apologies for being so late. (The way I'd planned it, I was going to be mega early!!!).
I must have sat in that chair for all of 2 minutes and that was it.....she'd installed 4 baby ones! (She is so filling me with confidence right now.....here is hoping and praying!).
We confirm my installation date (16 days to go folks!) and I was out of her home in a shake of a lambs tail.
I got home and I got my son to take snap shots.......(had to drag the poor boy out of bed....only 5 minutes).
When I managed to get into bed, did I sleep right away? No, I started looking at the pictures on the camera over and over. Eventually I put it down and slept. What was I dreaming about.........yep you guessed right......baby locks.
My hair is so thick that when I touch the locked area, it feels like my hair has been shaved off! Anyway as you already know, am no stranger to extremely short hair.......so BRING IT ON!!