Monday 6 July 2009

MY 1ST MEETING WITH OFO

The lovely Ofo
Ofo, Lady E & myself

Ofo and her daughters doing a traditional Ghanaian dance


Ofo's daughter leads the African attire fashion parade

My daughter getting her nails done with her little friend looking on

Ofo, myself her daughter and Lady E
And the rear view of our different locks types, (had to squat down a little so our heads are level...lol)

My son and daughter.

I met up with the lovely Ofo on Saturday for the first time, when she kindly invited me to a fundraising event organised by some of the congregation at her church. It was held on a beautiful 17 acres of conifer woodland called 'Spring Meadow Farm'
It was such a lovely day with lots of African food, dance, Auctions and lots of laughs naturally. There were also lots of ladies and young men sporting natural hair styles.

All in all a fun day out. Isn't that right Ofo?

3 comments:

anthia-ofo said...

You bet it was!! Thanks for coming Nubian, it was lovely meeting you and your lovely fam. The beginning of many more meet-ups to come. I shall be putting my photos up shortly.

Free McK. said...

I am so jealous! It looks like you guys had a wonderful time. I have been to the Gambia but have yet to travel to Ghana. Maybe I could join you the next time...

Nubian1 said...

@ Ofo you bet...infact i wanted to call you at the weekend to ask what church you go to.

@ Free P your more than welcome FP!