Tuesday 24 November 2009

HAIR UP DATE

Hello people!
Well i did another 4 weekly retight Friday night/Saturday morning. It looks set to be my regular routine now....i have tried doing it during the weekday evenings...you know one half one evening and doing the other half the following evening. The only time i have done this is when am due for a retightening that weekend and i have other stuff planned. It works but i don't really like going out anywhere with half my hair retightened. I know I'm the only one that is aware of this, but hey I KNOW and that is what matters. lol.
Anyway here is a photo i took after my retight on Saturday before i headed off to the mall to get me some much needed Iman foundation stick (Earth 7). Like you really need details huh! If you click on the picture below you will see very fine detail of my handy work. Ignore the grey. I am planning to do a henna thing this weekend....I just couldn't be arsed.
Since my hair has grown a tad, i can actually wear the retight pattern (i.e the back half going back and front halves falling to either sides), and get away with not hennaing so close to a retight.
This way the only place to hide the grey is the center part which more or less ends at the middle of my crown. All i do is get a kohl pencil and blend away.

What do you all think?

9 comments:

JUST Euphoria said...

I see ya with the side thing going on your hair is growing like wild fire. I'm going to have to try the hanna you have better color then a box color, do you have to lighten your hair first to use Hanna? & Is it safer then hair color? & does it have the smell of Hydrogen peroxide? & does it weaken your hair? Sorry for so many questions. Happy Thanksgiving love!!!

Nubian1 said...

HAPPY THANKS GIVING TO YOU TOO SWEETIE.

Henna is very safe, i dont lighten my hair first as you know, i have the grey thing going on...(shussss....dont tell anyone)
It has a smell yes but am not all that fussed about it...some people moan and groan about it. If anything it strengthens the hair and has no chemicals at all which makes it very safe indeed.

Since i stopped using chemicals in my hair, i found i have new growth where i had none previously.

Anyway it's so safe i use it once a month (and more if i chose). It's all natural plant extracts baby!

Thanks for the compliments on the colour. Guess this is where grey comes into its own. ; )

JUST Euphoria said...

Thanks Nu for the info, I have a fear of the things I know nothing about, but I plan to try henna

anthia-ofo said...

Hey your hair is sprouting like a weed. Let me know how your henna goes and give me some tips. I've had so much slippage with my hair that I've given myself a break from such-like. You've become a veteran with retightening!I've got a new tool I'll blog about, called the flat-loc tool.I only tried it on a few locs, it seems to work OK.

Nubian1 said...

Hey Ofo, ever the entrepreneur!!!!! Cant wait to see your new 'Flat' tool.

My tool is a yarn needle that i had cut and rounded off by the tool maker downstairs in the factory! I could let you have one...i got him to make about 4 so i dont make a nuisance of myself and in exchange i gave him a box of chocolates. FAIR TRADE in my estimation! lol

anthia-ofo said...

Nubian, the flat loc tool is made by a consultant in the US. I bought it to try it out on those pesky new locs! I got some yarn needles shortened but I don't know how to get them rounded to a point and I don't know who to ask.

NubianLockedPrincess said...

You locs are looking beautiful! I love Iman cosmetics! I use Earth 1.

Nubian1 said...

Thank you NuLoPr!

Yeah you see! I knew there was a reason for me mentioning my Iman shade to fellow bloggers....lol

msfullroller said...

Looking wonderful and really growing well. You color looks great too!