Wednesday 3 June 2009

MY REVIEW WITH MY CONSULTANT




On Saturday, I paid a visit to my consultant as pre-arrange the last time she retightened my hair. She estimated an hour to check that I was doing my retight correctly.

I carried out my 'self retight' 3 weeks ago so there was a little growth but Marie was still able to see what she needed to see to ensure I was doing it right. No word of a lie, I was in and out of there in less than ten minutes! The best bit was when she said there was no charge! YAY

I left her place on cloud 9 and was once again really proud of my handy work. When I got home, I applied some henna for 3 hours and later did a little retight on some rogue locks in front and one or two at the back whilst watching movies on the box and before I could say JACK ROBINSON I had commenced another retight without even realising it. When I got up to go to bed and check the back, I realised how much I had done. So when I rose in the morning I carried on till the afternoon when I completed yet another retight. Unfortunately because I wasn't planning it, I didn't time it.

So because that unscheduled retight took place the last weekend of the month, I have decided that is when I will schedule all future retights (easy to remember, every 28 to 31 days). This also means I will only have to do 1 4pt rotation per lock which means I will be done sooner rather than later. Well that's the plan anyway...you know how life sometimes gets in the way. ; 0

6 comments:

Ezme said...

Glad to hear that you had no major problems plus your locs are looking lush.
I started off with the plan to reti every calender month and then slipped up and left it for 8 wks.... big mistake, i never realised my hair was going through a spurt and i was rotating each lock between 7 and 12 times. What a pain.....yes pics will be up soon (heehee!!... i know i'm rubbish lol!)

Stay Blessed

anthia-ofo said...

You're now a pro-good for you! I'm in the middle of another retight. I think I'm doing a little better than last time except, well, I joined 3 locs- yes 3!!! 1 was deliberate, the other accidental. I wonder if I still have sls rows bc I've combined about 9.*sob* I need moral support.

Unknown said...

Your locs are looking fabulous and the b/w pics are adorable!

Nubian1 said...

Thank you ladies!

It's really strange but am sure you ladies know that different parts of the hair grows faster than others. I have a handful that i know i can get 1 rotation through already. It is definately not slippage as i havent washed it since retightening. Though I believe its the henna...I notioed it the last time i used it just over two months ago.

Anyway we'll see as I'll be using the henna just before a retight, and i will post my findings.

NubianLockedPrincess said...

Congrats!your locs are coming along beautifully! I re tighten every month. I remember by my pay periods. LOL! Every other pay period is re-ti weekend!

msfullroller said...

Your locs are looking beautiful sis! I retighten once a month too. Going longer than that was making my reti's to laborious and making me feel for the time I was putting in I was getting no where.