Monday 5 October 2009

MY FIRST YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!

Well would you believe it....1 whole year has passed by since I had my locks installed! It was a year this last Saturday gone!! I still remember the morning vividly, how i could barely sleep and looking forward mostly to someone else sorting my hair out and generally enjoying the process.

Last week i was reading Kitty's blog and she mentioned that she just uses conditioner in her hair once a week and then on a monthly bases she shampoos. So i thought I'd give that a go...after all my locks are a year old and can with stand the softness without unraveling my locks. I had a little giggle to myself as i marveled at the perfect timing to the day to be precise!

Well it was a little strange when i applied the conditioner in the shower but i just imagined i had just shampooed and now i was about to condition. The result was excellent...for once my hair was very soft and it appeared to gain instant length..(though i believe it the weight of the water and the conditioner combined) not such a bad thing in the grand scheme of things.

In the weeks leading up to this anniversary, I tried to sum up my feelings and the things i have noticed about my locks thus far.

1 Obviously gained length
2 Gained body
3 Still lots of curly Q ends (I like)
4 On closer inspection, some locks on my temple have mature
5 Am not fussing so much, just letting them do what they are supposed to do to lock
6 I like that sometimes when I feel them, I am genuinely surprised at the length.
7 Discovered henna works for me so, I can safely say I am chemically free. (Yay me!!)
8 When I used the conditioner, I didn't have to oil my scalp.
9 When I shampoo, I have to oil my scalp once immediately afterwards
10 I love my locks and the freedom it brings
11 I love that I maintain my locks myself
12 I love that I get compliments about my hair from both sexes
13 My hair styles and options change as I gain length
15 I thank God I had the Big Chop with my traditional locks
16 I glad that I practically shaved all my hair off to start from the very beginning
17 I add a couple of drops of Glycerin to my spritz water, which maintains softness
18 I keep my routine very simple
19 I still braid and band about 7 locks at the back due to unravelling
20 I wear a shower cap everytime I shower to combat colour on front edges fading too quickly




11 comments:

Bajan Lily said...

Happy Hair Day!

Nubian1 said...

Thank you Bajan Lily!

Gigglz said...

Congratulations on being 1 year old!! LOL! And looking good.

Unknown said...

You look FABULOUS!!! You Go Girl!!

PhePhi said...

ur moving right along. very nice!!

anthia-ofo said...

Happy hairday to you, happy hairday to you happy hairday dear Nubian, happy hairrrday to yoooouuu!!!:)

msfullroller said...

You have come a long way! Beautiful progress and Happy Loc-a-versary!!!

Nubian1 said...

Yaaaaay me!!!! Thank you very much ladies.....TIME DOES SURE FLY when you're having fun.

Angel Locs said...

Hey Twin....

Betcha thought I wasn't going to come to this party...No chance I would miss our anniversary "NO WAY"...

Happy Anniversary to US!!!

Looking good my twin, I just wish all my pic's would have up loaded...there's more to come...

Again, Happy One Year to you and to me... It's our Anniversary...OH YEAH!!!

JUST Euphoria said...

Hey my sista happy lock day to you & many many more & you look like you are really enjoying your hair

NubianLockedPrincess said...

Congrats! What a fabulous milestone to reach! Your locs are progressing beautifully!