Monday 18 January 2010

COLOUR PROCESSING

Well people I said I'll be back once I have decided on what am going to do re the colour thing. I used Henna for a good 14months and because of the percentage of grey i had, i wasn't ecstatic about the colour result.....I basically went with the flow and learnt to love the bright tangy orangey colour. The sad truth is now that i have gone a bit darker i actually miss it.

I had seen Naturtint just before i decided on the Henna but decided I was going to give Henna a damn good go and if things didn't work out, i could always fall back on 'Naturtint' the permanent hair colour below.

I started off my sending a picture of my hair to the 'customer services' and asked for advice on what shade/shades i should use in order to achieve a much lighter colour (7N) given that i have 95% grey and i have been using Henna.

Within 24hours i got a reply to my email and the lady was very helpful indeed. She suggested that in order to achieve the shade i wanted (7N -HAZELNUT BLONDE), i would have to use a darker colour like the shade below (5N LIGHT CHESTNUT BROWN) to cover the entire head and then at the next application, i could go ahead and use the 7N which would then lift the colour by at least two shades.

She went on to explain that because I had previously used Henna which merely coats the hair, it also prevents other colourant from lifting colour in the first instance, hence her suggesting first application of a darker colour then going for the lighter as a lift.

Naturtint Permanent Hair Colorant with Vegetable ingredients is the leading alternative hair colour in the UK health market and fastest growing colorant in Spain with 24 colours which can be mixed easily & economically to create an infinite range. No ammonia or resorcinol it is dermatologically tested and whats more, it covers 100% grey and can lighten up to 2 shades at a time. It is enriched with Soya, Corn, Coconut and Wheat Extracts it also adds wonderful shine and vitality to the hair.

WARNING: IF YOU'RE NEWLY LOCKED, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO COLOUR YOUR HAIR WITHOUT CONSULTING YOUR LOCKTICIAN.

Well that's it folks, I should leave you now to check out the results as i believe the photos speak for themselves.




Click on the one below and above for more detail.




10 comments:

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

I think your new color looks great! Hopefully you will adapt to your new color soon.

Take Care

Britlocs said...

I love it! Thanks for the the thorough information

Felicia said...

I think that your new color looks beautiful!! Thanks for the info on the color, it was very helpful!!!

Bajan Lily said...

Everyone's already said it but honestly this was a really informative post. I like the look of very dark locks so I'll keep these guys in mind when (if) I choose to go 'jet black' :)

I also really love the darker colour on you, I think it adds another layer of sophistication to your already classy look :)

Looking fwd to seeing what colour (if any) comes next :)

new2locs said...

Thanks for the info I may have to try this brand. I use the perm colors that you have to mix. This has colored your hair well & it looks like you still have some highlights of the other color on your ends. Your hair turned out very nice.

anthia-ofo said...

You go girl! This colour is soooo kewl. You look like another person. You mean the guys said it's ok to go ahead and used permanent dye after henna? Wow! I'll bear that in mind for my next colour

Nubian1 said...

Why thank you very much ladieeeeeess!

@ Ofo, yes i told the rep the last time I had hennaed......(the warning stuff they put on the pack....they have to to cover themselves & by law i guess)...and besides i dont think i ever used pure henna....towards the end of my henna days i was using Surya (i think that's what it is called).
Anyway alls well that ends well. = )

Naturally Sophia said...

I love the new color! And your locks are growing so. Great info too.

Nubian1 said...

Last week i got a comment from a far east blogger, and just because i didnt understand the language and i automatically made an assumption it was negative and deleted it.

If you are the read i deleted, please accept my apologies...it was my 15 year old son who put me to shame and wanted to know why i didnt have it translated.

Please feel free to continue to visit my blog and comment i promise from now on i will take the time to have your comments translated.

THANK YOU FOR VISITING. = )

Puddin said...

Thank you for the information regarding this subject. The color of your locks look great on you.