Tuesday 24 August 2010

HOW I EXTEND THE ODD SHORT LOC

Okay people a quick show of how I extend short locs with harvested 'two headed' dragons.

First of all I get my needle and invisible thread as shown in the picture below. (If you stare hard enough you will see the thread.... apologies for the quality).
Next I harvest 'one head' from a 'two headed' dragon and pass the needle through it and secure ready for re attaching below.

Then I locate the said short loc below


Dont ask how the picture below happened, it just did....the invisible thread is actually holding them together in a way it appears to defy gravity.

Anyway enough of the science, allow the new piece to over lap like shown in the pic and wrap the thread several times around the existing loc to secure. Then stitch as you see fit ensuring you go through the existing and the new piece and again secure.
(Otherwise it will come out every time you get your hair wet.) It's really trial and error for me.
And another thing, I only do this to locs in the front, what ever I dont see, dont tend to bug me so much. lol

Now you see the bump in the loc below (and again if you look hard enough you will see the thread hanging down from it).

And now you dont! Viola!!

That's it...... tutorial over, any questions?????

5 comments:

z said...

You just read my mind! I was thinking about doing the same thing because i've harvested some previously snipped 2HD's. I plan to use them to add extension to some of my shorter locs, but I wasn't sure how since i've never reattached locs before. Thank you so much for this post! I'll have to give this a try and post my results. You used clear thread right?

Unknown said...

Awesome!! How did you get rid of the bump?

Nubian1 said...

@Dewdrop: It's clearer than the one you used on your post...as you can see (or not in this case..lol)you can hardly see the thread hence why its called 'invisible'.
Thanks for your comments.

@rmcandlelight: I got rid of the bump by passing my needle through it and securing. Thanks for your comments.

Unknown said...

Where can I purchase this invisible thread? thanks :)

Nubian1 said...

@ Candlelight: You can purchase invisible thread from any needle or hobby craft store. I would just ask.