Wednesday 4 August 2010

METAL FILLINGS: 2 MONTH GROWTH UPDATE

Picture directly below is how my right temple looks like now, 2 months after my dental appointment.And the picture below here was taken in the same week after I had the metal fillings replaced.

I have seen some growth and in fact installed a hand full of new baby ones, though from the 1st picture they don't look at all like baby locks because, I re attached locks (taken from two headed dragons) and cheated!! He he.... just smarter than the average bear!

A WORD OR TWO OF CAUTION

When re attaching locks any where on your head, be sure to harvest 'two headed dragons' from close proximity to the lock you want extending, so the lock size is uniform.

I made the mistake of harvesting from the back and re attached to the front....what a kerfuffle!! Needless to say I had to remove it, as it looked top heavy!!!!

I have vowed to curtail my hair colouring to 6 to 8 weeks, currently I have just passed the 4 week mark and am not in that desperate mode to hide the greys...I have just gone back to what i did in the past...the use of soft Kohl pencil in between week 3 and 6 (HOPEFULLY!!!).
I have been full circle with the flipping colour issues, cant fight mother nature, so i have finally learnt to live with it......well sort of...am still colouring but not as often....got to look after my hair as I have really treated it badly and its a wonder I have any hair left!!!

In light of that, I have purchased a 'No SLS green Intensive Repair' shampoo for colour treated hair....more expensive @ £10.50 for a 200ml tube. A little goes a long way so they say, i will find out myself when i use it for the first time this Sunday. Previous to that I have been co washing once a week for the past month or so. As a result I am seeing more baby hairs sprouting everywhere.

All I need now is a thicker body to give the temple a fuller look......watch this space because I've got something else up my very long sleeves...he he he.
(I am in the middle of reviewing a product which I cant wait to share the results of...safe to say am a very happy bunny).


Till next time folks!!!

9 comments:

anthia-ofo said...

hey nubian, reveal all!! Don't you know your sistas need a helping hand? BTW you have to come to our womens launch/celebration on sunday 15th. I shall give you details on email.

Bajan Lily said...

wow - that's a pretty loud statement there (pictures being worth a thousand words and all).

I would love to know how you sewed your locs back on - maybe you could do a tutorial some say.

Yours,

Nubian1 said...

@ Ofo:Product under review at the moment, you may have come across it but be patient my sister. During my research i couldnt find anyone using it who had locks micro or traditional. My trial period ends this Thursday so look out for the post shortly afterwards. It is all good!!

@ Bajan Lily: I was thinking about that, whilst i was reattaching. You're of course right....I must share and I will.

Thanks for the comments ladies.

Naturally Sophia said...

I love posts like this. Thanks for the update!

Nubian1 said...

@ Naturally Sophia: As you know, it's an on going saga. Watch out for updates.

Gerrylocs said...

Hi there..

I love your blog, very detailed. I have microlocs which I'm trying to maintain myself...your blogs has been very helpful.

I'm in South Africa and really learning-as-I-go kind'a.

I'll be very pleased if you occasionally drop by blog & offer advice in my baby-steps chalenges :)

take care...

Nubian1 said...

@ Gerrylocs: Am knocking on your blog right now! lol

Thanks for stopping by. = 0

Unknown said...

I'm a new follower :)

I love the color of your locks and can't wait to see your product review! I look forward to more of your lock postings :)

http://ohmysisterlocks.blogspot.com

Nubian1 said...

@ Rmcandlelight: Thank you and welcome to my blog!