Tuesday 11 January 2011

IS THIS MY FUTURE AS A SILVER FOX?

First and foremost, a very happy New Year to you all in blog land!
This is one of my staple hair style, with a head band though i wouldn't normally tie it back.


I was experimenting over the last weekend and came across a white hair spray that washes out with just one wash. Let me just tell you folks, i think am just going to be patient and let the hair be and grow out slowly but surely. I wasn't prepared for the impact it would have on how i felt about the whole grey thing.



Below is the back which is (in my book) next to nothing grey wise. I didn't spray any white on the back.



Da da......its a whole lotta white thing going on!!!! This was taken in my bathroom.


And this in front of the window offering some of daylight.



But don't worry folks i washed it all out this morning!. I don't recommend it...i think its was designed for a little fun and washed out as soon as possible. I slept with that crap in my hair for two nights and the whiteness disappeared and left a matt grey look. Plus as i shook my hair to rid it of excess water in the shower, i noticed quite a lot of hair on the shower walls. Far too many...if you do spray that sh*t in your hair wash it out the same day!!


According to my 1 panel judge (my son) he said it looked like dust!!!!


So that is, as they say is that!

Till next time.

4 comments:

Kreyola said...

I think you are going to have lovely silver sisterlocks.

Nubian1 said...

Kreyola, you're very kind! I am actually enjoying the not 'having to colour' my hair process!! It can only get better. = 0

LotusDoll said...

I sympathize because I too am going so gray that I can't believe it. I am coloring my hair too and just can't keep up with all of the colorings to keep the gray at bay. I found this site by the graciousness of some fellow bloggers and decided to have some gray added to my locks or gray locks themselves to make the transition easier. I don't know if this is the answer, but I feel like I've got to do something. Tell me what you think after you see the site below...

http://www.impactfolios.com/gerrymayo/page8951.htm

Nubian1 said...

Oh hello Dolly! Thanks i have visited that site before and what solutions for problem heads!!

Not quite sure how the grey locks will intergrate with the rest of my locks.

And you know, because i was messing around with the white spray, i realised am quite happy to wait and let my hair grow out gradually....the main reason for this is more psychological than anything else.

Good idea though......let me know how you get on with them if you go ahead. Would love to see before and after pics. = o