Monday 20 December 2010

3 MONTHS AS A SILVER FOXY LADY????

Well folks here i am exactly 3 months to the day i last added colour to my hair. When i see this picture, i wonder if i am really ready for the transition. On the plus side i can be quite stubborn so i think that trait will stand me in good sted.

Out of desperation and something to do to perhaps draw out my greys, i tied some grey cotton randomly down the entire length of my hair starting at the root where the grey meets the brown. I sat one evening & did a handful in front and it looked weird. And you can trust my 16year old son who just shook his head and said 'no mom, it doesn't look good'......so the following day i remove 80% of it and left a handful at random.

So in the meanwhile as i literally wait patiently....i will continue to try and wash out as much colour as possible by any means possible, so as to minimise the contrast between the colour and my natural greys.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions as to how to cope with the ugliness of this transition?

I have head band and scarfs at the ready.........but am looking for something really different apart from cutting coloured potion off once my greys have locked. Have i overlooked anything??

I look forward to your suggestions.

4 comments:

JUST Euphoria said...

what about something like a spray in haircolor that rinses out as you wash your hair or you could die your hair to match the grey, but what ever you do or don't do I commend you for taking that extra step to end the coloring I know I feel so much better with out the color & I know one day the greys will come for me to so I will be taking notes, Happy holidays to you & yours

Nubian1 said...

Now why didnt think of that? If i can get my handS on some i could try that...the spray thing that is...

I have been toying with grey colour, but the thing is am just getting to know how much i have and how silver, white and grey it is. Am thinking though, its got to be better than this mess here.

All i really need is a dose of PATIENCE!!!!! LOL

anthia-ofo said...

Oh nubian, dont cut ANYTHING! Leave it be. you'll be the 2 toned sista unitil it all grows out. This is one reason I was so scared of permanent colour. I think I have to part company with even semi permanents. We'll see.
As for dem rinses, if you find one that works, pls let me know.

Nubian1 said...

Ofo, compliments of the season my dear sister!

To be honest unless someone is standing over me, no one will see the view shown in this picture.

Am just shocked i guess as to how much grey i have!

I am currently working the scarves which is cool and the more i wash my hair, the more the permanent colour fades so it not all bad. I'll get there in the end.

I will of course post more photos as the time passes.