Sunday 3 April 2011

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

Good Morning to all mothers out there on this Mothering Sunday!!!

I hope you're not lifting a finger to do anything and your children are spoiling you rotten like only you deserve!! Me? As usual i woke up hungry and had breakfast not long ago. My son did ask me 'what time do you want breakfast mom?' last night when he came in late from a surprise 18th birthday of one of his best mates.......ah well when he eventually gets his shinny 16 year old black a**e out of bed, he can make the lunch.....I look forward to it. = o


Any hoo back to the hair story! I will let the pictures do the talking. I added silver kinky hair to the crown area last week. Yesterday I washed it and set it in rollers. Below are the before and after pictures.


Even if i say so myself, the silver thang looks better when the hair is set. Do i look like an old lady? I think so.....perhaps I will have to experiment with set hair styles. Actually no perhaps about it...I will!!!!

No.....this is what my son did for me on photoshop. What i will look like when my hair is eventually covered.......on second thoughts, no rush to get to that end goal thank you very much!!!





So whaddaya think? Let me know....I really value your opinion.


Enjoy being spoilt today.......here in England the sun is shinny and its such a beautiful spring Sunday. Just Peeeerffeccccct.

10 comments:

TheNerd said...

Don't worry about it! As t gets longer and more and more versatile, I really think the grey will look very stunning! You will always be miserable if you try to hide your true self, I know my friends, who are greying stress so much about it, colour doesn't take, and they feel very miserable and self conscious. So embracing it seems like the path of least resistance. I have a few greys up in the front, anad I have no intention of tampering with them!

Kreyola said...

I really believe your sisterlocks will look lovely being all silver. Your hair is uniquely pretty on it's own.

JUST Euphoria said...

I know that transitioning is hard just the same as growing off a perm, & I don't think that you look like an old lady in the photoshop,but if you choose to color I aint madd at ya

Nubian1 said...

@ Yahvinah: I just love your way with words!!!! Beautifully put! Wow i just got some more fuel to take me all the way home on this silver path. lol

@ Kreyola: Thanx for the moral boost!

@ Euphoria: I have now come to rely on your words of wisdom. I am strong and I know I can do this.....hell I am doing it. Thank you sooooo very much.

anthia-ofo said...

Hey loooong time! I went to Ghana. Now your greys. My take is: I think it'll suit you. If my hair was thicker I'd be more than happy to leave mine alone. (at least that's my excuse)I dont like colouring. It feels like bondage to me. And yet on occasion, I feel the need to 'freshen' my locs by adding some colour. Even so, I'll never put permanent colour on my locs. I'm watching you. Everytime I see a grey/white head of locs I'm amazed at the beauty of it.

JUST Euphoria said...

We know you can do it, mind over matter, & Happy Be-lated Mother's Day, but here in Tx our Mother's Day have not came yet, so it's funny seeing you guys celebrate it before us

Ezme said...

hey there stranger, locs are looking gorgeous and im loving the grey

Nubian1 said...

Ezme!!!! My goodness, i was actually thinking about you not even two weeks ago. How are your locks doing? Thanks for the compliments.x

anthia-ofo said...

nubian I've tagged you for stylish blogger award. Check my pg for the rules http://ofoslocs.blogspot.com/

Ezme said...

Ahhh, its so nice to know i crept into your thoughts. I'm back to blogging so check out my blog for an update on whats been going on with my locs, I just know your going to want to give me a cyber slap (on parts) but everythings all good.