Monday 26 January 2009

HENNA STRAND TEST

Well folks, I just couldn't wait I had to go out and purchase a slab of (CACA MARRON) this lovely product.
The girls in the store were all in their jim jams, so as we walked in i said to my son....'look the lady is still in her jim jams'. She smiled 'naturally' and carried on with the displaying of nice smelly unpackaged soap bars. My son located the store by smell!!!
One of the lovely ladies even suggested the colour I picked, but before that she pointed out she had the same colour and proceeded to show me her hair, then there was the girl at the till and she even went as far as dragging a girl from the back of store!! (SUCH LOVELY PEOPLE AT LUSH!!)
I followed the instructions and picked a section in the front with lots of greys and applied the paste I made before hand. And as it dried it set like clay and each time i lifted my hair to see what was going on, it rained tiny little clay balls on my lap. I left it in for 3 hours and in that time, i cooked, i ate and i even had a light but delicious snooze.

And here is the first result after i rinsed & washed out the paste. There is quite a difference! The disconcerting thing about the henna is even after you're done, the colour is still developing for a few more hours. However the good thing about this henna is that i could repeat the process for three (3) days in a row (like am going to be bothered to do that!!! I'd rather dedicate a whole day and get it right first time!!) and even adding coffee you if want to get a darker result!
So check this out, see my greys??? Yep that's what i have to deal with, came as a bit of a shock as i haven't gone without colour for four (4) months since i began colouring. Yep I've got grey alright folks! Anyway forget the grey, I have.......look at the contrast.....not bad eh?

I have pulled the hair back and as the colour is not a million miles away from my blonde chemical colour....i think am going to stick with this and enjoy learning and experimenting with the different shades within this colour range. You know what gets me all exited????
IT'S THE BEAUTIFUL FACT THAT THIS IS INDEED 'NO S**T HAIR COLOUR!!
Feed back please people........what do you think??????

8 comments:

wonderdust78 said...

Wow what a difference. Looking forward to seeing the finished results.

Maryee said...

Wow! Can this Henna be purchased online? Nice results!

Nubian1 said...

Maryee: Yep it can be purchased on line @ the link below.

http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/hair/henna-hair-dyes

Nubian1 said...

Wonderdust: How are your locks doing? Hope the itching has ceased.
Marie would probably kill me if she knows what am up to. I am being good in that I will get the nod from her before I colour the whole head. ; )

Maryee said...

Thanks so much! I was wondering where the pictures are on the site to show you how it will look. Can you check out pics of my locks and tell me which one you'd suggest? You can see the color I had when I first colored my hair two days before getting locked. Thanks in advance for your help.

Nubian1 said...

Maryee I am unable to view your profile as you have disabled it. If you still want me to check out your blog You will need to enable access.

I look forward to checking out your hair colour.

Maryee said...

Sorry about that. My blog is http://www.lovemylocks.blogspot.com

Thanks!

Kittylocks said...

You are very brave!