Monday 11 May 2009

YAAAY I DID IT, MY 1ST RETIGHT!!!

My son had gone to a 'sleep over' on the Friday night so I was alone and decided to tackle the front right quarter of my hair. I completed it in 3 hours and felt a great sense of achievement.
On Saturday I began right after breakfast and tackled the left front quarter and completed this in 2 hours and 30mins! Now initially I had planned to spread the retight over Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but thought 'what else am I doing this weekend I may as well plod on'!
The back I found the easiest simply because I could actually watch the TV and feel my way through.....(the down side is that, I had to get out of the chair to see how much I had left to encourage me to carry on)...... I completed the back right quarter in 2 hours and 17 mins and the last left back quarter only took 1 hour and 36 mins.

ALL IN ALL THE WHOLE RETIGHT TOOK ME 9 HOURS AND 40 MINS!!! (The grand plan is to beat this time as time goes by...I know this will vary from time to time as my hair gets longer)

PARTS OF MY BODY THAT ACHED A LITTLE:

1 My neck
2 My shoulders
3 Well............ there is no 3!

I can tell you people I feel a great sense of achievement and I am very proud of myself! Yaay me....the best part????? I saved £50!!
I am scheduled to see my consultant in 3 weeks time for a review...am guessing she will cast her professional eye over my handy work.....cant wait!

5 comments:

new2locs said...

Good for you save that $$$ girl!!!
I only wish I had the time or patience to even attempt to DIY.

anthia-ofo said...

Well done - I knew you could do it! You were well prepared with all those tools. It's looking good too.

JUST Euphoria said...

looks good my hats go off to ya sister.

Nubian1 said...

Thank you ladies!

It was your encouragement that got me started in the first place. ; )

Naturally Sophia said...

Congrats! I always feel a sense of accomplishment when I retighten.