Tuesday 18 August 2009

I HAVE A KNOT THAT WONT SHIFT!!!!

Somebody help me pleeeeeeaaaase. I stupidly put a loose knot at the end of this lock, (so i could identify the lock quickly on my return), got up attended to something else and sat back down and instead of patiently removing the knot i started pulling at it till the damn thing got tighter and wound up at the base of my lock!!

Any idea of how to remove it, i have tried wetting it to loosen the knot i have tried using a tiny crotchet needle, i have tried those fine tooth combs you get with the metal handle, i have tried enlisting the help of my daughter, nothing, nothing, nothing.

Desperately seeking assistance. I am due to re tighten this weekend.

5 comments:

Kumina said...

The only thing I can think of is to take the loc loose and redo it or have it redone.

Nubian1 said...

I thought about taking the lock down last night and imagined what happened when i got to the top of the knot....and figured I'd still have the same issue though.

Any how am retightening tomorrow morning. I am going to ignore it and carry on like its not there.....and hopefully totally forget about it.LOL

anthia-ofo said...

Nubian1, I have about 3 locs just like that. I managed to undo one, but I've left the others alone. I don't think it's worth taking it down. It'll look better after a while. I'm in the middle of a reTi too.

Nubian1 said...

Ofo: You know what? When it came to retightening it didnt feel as bad as it was originally. Probably because I have been messing around with it soooo much. Just ignored it and carried on as normal.

Unknown said...

Hi LocksRevisited, I have two locs with knots...HORRORS!!!....Anyway, I too have decided to leave them alone. I thought after all this time waiting for my locs to mature and all the effort, it just wasn't worth it.I have had my locs for over two years now and once it is time for me to trim or cut my locs shorter as will eventually happen with all of us, the knots will be cut off anyway...it isn't even that noticable anyway..lol.