Monday 20 June 2011

MY NEW LOOK

Okay, like i mentioned a couple of posts ago, i wanted to go with the flow and then basically went a little doolally!






In the picture below, on the left hand side where there is a concentration of grey is the offending patch....i say patch, to be fair it is growing ever soooooo slowly.






Then i went to see a barber in the hair salon and forced his hand to make the sides equal, by cutting some of my locks which he did reluctantly on the right hand side......(why do barbers do that? Hair salons were scared to come near me.....weird!!).



Anyways to me it looked like my natural hair line and for the first time since having my locks installed i was able to wear my hair in a pony tail out of the salon feeling very liberated. Though am not convinced its equal but no probs there.



If am honest, for a little while now i had to combined many locks at the back, because they where just too thin and it was something that bothered me especially when i retightened. I wish i had thought about it before.



So from this day forth i will always trim back at least an inch from the nape of my neck and let it be. In fact when i retightened at the weekend it felt sooo good because the first locked i grabbed to retighten was solid and strong.






Now for the front (this bit i did myself a week before i went to the barbers) .......my right hand side temple has been a bone of contention for a while now....and if it isnt one thing its another. So i did the decent thing and SHAVED THE SUCKERS OFF!!!! HE HE HE









I actually didnt mean to shave it all........its just that there wasnt much hair there to begin with....i hated it so much. I used hide it. I used grade 1 on the clippers and it just looked bald. Damn it i rocked the sh*t out of it. I can hear you guys screaming i must be mad......well you'd not be entirely wrong there.










Have you calmed down yet????? Good! Now.............. back to the barbers, i got him to shave the other side and i kinda have a Mohawk thang going on.......(well only at the weekends....so i dont scare my co workers) then i got him to trim the edges and make me look neat and tidy and the result you will find below.





This picture below is how i wear it to work and i luuuuurve it. I think its about not hiding that side of my head anymore!!!! Now i EXPOSE it for the world to see.






Oh yes i almost forgot to mention, i also had a big trim of the length....roughly about an inch which felt sooo nice and neat. You see the thing with the patch at the back is that as my hair grew to shoulder length, it got quite noticeable that something was going on underneath. So i did the only decent thing........and this is how i present myself for work.



A little close up for you.













PS = I did save all the locks that were cut off.....strangely and perhaps not surprising, i didnt have that much maybe 12 if that.






What are my plans for the temples? Who knows......though from experience when i start cutting it's a very very slippery slope.......I get twa envy........OH GAWD WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME??????






Anyway the sides look better now as i have more growth .........i have no plans of putting strain on my right temple so only time will tell what am going to do next.






As for the left hand side....i may then again may not reattached the salvaged locks when it grows out a bit.......watch this space and see what happens.....

9 comments:

msfullroller said...

Work it Sis!! Looks great!

I've got that temple issue going on as well. So far the right one is basically teeny weeny twa and I'm gonna just leave it that way. The left one has filled in a bit better.

z said...

The picture of you with the red background is so lovely! I think that our temple area is most problematic. I remember as a permie struggling to grow hair in this area, and it wasn't until I was natural that it started growing back, but it's still kind of thin.

Nubian1 said...

Thank you Msfullroller! What are we going to do with our temple issues???

Dewdrop thanks for the compliments. At least you saw growth again...so am hoping if i just let it grow out without locking it, it may just encourage some much needed sprouting of hairs...

Kittylocks said...

I love it, you look gorgeous. This look really opens up your face. I got the same thing with thin hair at my temples too.

JUST Euphoria said...

I have read this post 3 times in the course of 3 days & I must say I am still in shock!! but I love it & I know you will work it like the DIVA you are!!!

Nubian1 said...

@ Kitty: Thank you.....most people say nothing which says a lot! The important thing here is I love it and i much prefer it to when i had locks 1 inch apart....not very nice!

@ Eup: You made me lol! 3days one after the other eh?? Too funny.....hey its only hair.....; O

Bajan Lily said...

You continue to be a source of inspiration and encouragement to me, thank you!

Lady N, I am LOVING those curly grey locks ( grey is so blah, let's call them 'silver'. I just love them!) I can't imagine you have any regrets over ceasing with the dye!

As for the new lock, WOW. Reading this teaches me lots. It's funny because this past week or two I've been hearing the word 'acceptance' inside me. I am learning to embrace the baldness even though it still burns me sometimes. :)

Thanks for sharing.

Nubian1 said...

Bajan Lily: Wow back at you! For that one reason alone, i am glad i did what i did. After all, its only hair.....WE ARE NOT OUR HAIR!!! If mother nature is saying this is the way its gotta be for now then why fight it???? I have tried and it doesnt work for me...i feel better for swimming with the wave as supposed to swimming against it. Each time i catch myself in the mirror i embrace my reflection...i couldnt say that just one month ago.....my dear that's progress.xxxxxxxxx

anthia-ofo said...

Nubian! So this is what you get up to the moment my back is turned Lol! But wow,You take some BOLD steps. It suits you. Wish you could nave come to the lock event to show it off.