Wednesday 15 April 2009

28 WEEKS (7 MONTHS)

Well let me just tell you now that I couldn't get past 15 days without washing....I really tried and the funny thing was that the idea of braiding and banding seemed like a small prize to pay. I was/am grateful to go through that process.....the process that enables us to achieve wetting the hair to clean it!!

What I found from not washing was that my hair got drier by the day and honestly when i put my hand in my hair it was not a good feeling....so in order to change that feel to a good one...I washed. And guess what....if i have to continue braiding and banding for another year, i will do so.....the consolation prize here is that it wont be long before I can just stand under the shower and wash freely.

I tell you like children, you tell them what to do and they don't listen and then you let them learn through their own mistakes and hey presto they remember and don't need reminding quite so often.

We all have a little of the kids that don't entirely go away...(Thank God!!)....because as you know we all need the ability to carry on learning in our own way but learn we will!

4 comments:

Carmennc said...

Hello! I think ten days is tops for me before my scalp feels as if it's crawling. I still braid and band and it was one of those learning curves. I'm a trainee and should know better, right?!?! It was a combination of curiosity, laziness, and blatant boldness that gave me the courage to shampoo without braiding and banding. I learned the hard way.

anthia-ofo said...

Yep- 10 days is tops for me too. D'you know what I did? Used conditioner. I had a lot of unravelling and 1 loc kinda slid off/out! And I should know better. Which reminds me to blog about that experience.

new2locs said...

I also was a bad girl! My loctician told me that I didn't have to b&b anymore, so what do I do? I condition! I have a lot of unraveling at the ends now, what's a girl to do about that? Oh well I'm hoping the ends will just mat back up & guess what? I'm back to the old b&b after feeling so liberated! Oh well like you said you learn from your mistakes.
By the way your hair's looking great.

Nubian1 said...

Ladies,

Thank you, a little confession is indeed good for the soul....such naughty girls....he he he ; 0

Thanks for the compliment New2locs.