Wednesday 1 April 2009

4TH AND LAST RETIGHT WITH CONSULTANT


Below is the parting I will have to make in order to organise my self re tightening in 5 weeks time. Marie very kindly countered my locks horizontally and vertically to the centre of my head , using my centre part and my ears as starting points. This will enable me to achieve my 4 bunches which I will tackle a bunch at a time. (YIKES!!)

My re-tight took 4 hours as supposed to the normal 2.5 hours owing to the fact that I coloured my hair with henna and there was some slippage. (I must admit I kind of over did it a little....coloured a total of 4 times!!!!! YES I MUST HAVE BEEN OFF MY ROCKER!!!)

Hey but I knew there was a chance it was going to happen. I took a calculated risk and it paid off. It cost me an extra £10.00...on the face of it, it was well worth every penny because Marie wants me to have a crack at starting to 'self maintain'.

The plan is that in 5 weeks time I will attempt (and succeed) in re tightening myself and then 2 weeks later I will see her for a review (which cost considerably less at £15.00 for the hour) to see how I get on. Yay me.
I forgot to mention a little while back that Marie noticed that I had been doing some re tightening here and there and she confirmed that I was doing it right. Yay me again! However am to keep and eye on ending the correct position etc etc. (Mental note, take phone of the hook or let it go to voice mail....oh yes AND CONCENTRATE WOMAN ON WHAT YOU'RE DOING).

Back view 1st day of installation. Back view 25 weeks later.

25 weeks later 1st day of installation

5 comments:

Angel Locs said...

Way to go twin, your hair has really grown. Good luck with your self re-tightening, I don't have the never or the patience or arm power to do it myself.

Hope all works well for you...

Ezme said...

I can't believe how much your hair has grown, and i am loving the colour. Good luck on your re-ti, it's tedious and hardwork but so worth it in the end

Stay Blessed

Nubian1 said...

Twiny thanks...I have only ever done the odd ten or so when the mood takes me. Mind you I learned a lot in that process 1 being FAIL TO PREPARE, PREPARE TO FAIL!!
Am talking clipping surrounding hairs out of the way and concerntrating otherwise......FAILURE WILL FIND YOU. he he he

Ezme, good to see some form of life back on your blog.
Hope you're not going to do another 'picture disappearing' tricks again. ; O

z said...

You will be just fine with your re-tightening. If you need any help then feel free to check out the DIY tightening video on my blog. Wishing you the best on your journey!

Nubian1 said...

Thank you Dewdrop, am preparing for success!!!