Monday 6 April 2009

THE HUMAN PSYCHE

The human psyche is a funny old thing! From my last post you will know that I am virtually on my own now regarding the re-tight thing.

All of a sudden I have decided that am going to see how long I can go without washing my hair for up to a month (and only using anti-bacteria gel as often as i please). Challenging for me because i have always washed once a week and since getting installed i have left it up to 10 days. Now i am convinced I can hold out for up to a month at a time. Why I hear you ask.........because I will be self maintaining from now on!! Why add stress to my first re tight?? How about colour???? Yep that too.......am going to be such a good girl......he he he.......well a girl can try can't she?? (though this Wednesday will make it 2 weeks since i last coloured and already my hair styles are slowly limiting as I try and hide the greys :..( )

As my consultant Marie put it......(in similar words anyway) we need to take the security blanket away....its the only way to go solo........The girl is not wrong! My lovely blanket is gone and I am following her advise to the letter. Total madness? Not really I suppose...it makes perfect sense while Marie still re-tightened my hair I could shrug my shoulders and think.....Marie will sort me out....now I just think....Don't need the stress on my 1st solo re-tight

9 comments:

Ezme said...

Do whatever u feel will make the whole experiance easier. For all you know it could take four weeks to re-ti!! ( that is not a joke!!). I am not too sure about this anit-bac gel, will it leave deposits in your hair? Is it easy to wash out? Let me know the results, if it is any good i might have to invest myself!!

Remain Blessed

JUST Euphoria said...

As I was curling my hair last night which use to take 2 to 3 hrs now takes 1 1/2 hrs & I was thinking am I ready to DIY I have over 400 locks I will admit I got intimidated at the lack of speed I will have but I know that will increase in time, good luck to the no wash in a month keep us informed

anthia-ofo said...

Girl, the only way to overcome those intimidating lil locs is to Tackle them!!! Don't worry, just do a few at a time. Also, a nurse alerted me to the fact that the antibacterial gel is like 60% alcohol and very drying, so it's a good idea to limit use, but I guess you do that anyway.

clpoolea said...

I congradulate you on tackling your retights! What will your retightening pattern be? Did your consultant tell you what your pattern is by you being four months into your locks or did you have to figure it out? By the way your color is beautiful!

Nubian1 said...

Ezme:

The anitbacteria gel is good but as Ofo said can be leave your hair dry....I have only used it once in the last two weeks. Try it on the back of your hand Ezy and see how it works...you must have come across it at some point before??

Euphoria:

I was trying to do a estimated calculation as to how long it will take me based on 2minutes per lock. I make that 13 hours for my whole head....(not would be nice...) but back to the real world. My plan of action is to tackle it quarter by quarter. GOD HELP ME!!

Ofo: Tell me about it...a little at a time will indeed win this particular race. I shall be thinking of the £50 to £60 I'll be saving not to mention the petrol cost for a 2.5 hour round trip plus the savings on retight classes. Perhaps I should do a mini poster to stare at when the going gets tough.....he he he. Am sure i'll be MIGHTY FINE!

Clpoolea:

Nope my consultant only told me its is R4, the rest I figured out myself which as I mentioned she confirmed that I was doing it right.
Am now in week 27 of my locks. Thanks for the compliment on the hair colour btw.

wonderdust78 said...

Good Luck with self maintenance.Cant wait to see how you do. Just keep following Marie's advice and you cant go wrong. I'm glad I've got my security blanket for a while yet But I look forward to the day when I can fly solo too.

Nubian1 said...

Wonderdust....good to hear from you again....how are your long locks doing? Dont worry the whole world is going to hear about my re tight sessions....cos am going to be needing all the support. ; )

Livvy said...

Great to follow your progress. Marie will also be my consultant and I am so pleased to hear that your experience has been such a positive one. Having my tester locks in this Saturday.

Nubian1 said...

livvy:

How did it go?...your test locks that is, or is it for this coming Saturday?

Are you going to start blogging your experience? I hope so, not very many of us here in the UK. ; O