Tuesday 28 April 2009

WASHING DILEMMA

This Sunday just gone, I washed my hair and braided and banded the front only. The back was fine and it was lovely just to be able to get to my scalp and scrub gently. The issue am experiencing here is over the past month or so I have be suffering from dry scalp in the front...(I believe the problem is not being able to get to my scalp because its in a braid!) Its so bad it resembles 'Cradle Cap' the new born often get....just too nasty, and the only time I notice this is when I have just removed the towel from my head. I mean who would believe I have just washed my hair???

So two big questions here fellow bloggers:

1) From the picture below do you think I am ready to wash (7.5 months) without braiding? (click on the picture to get more detail.)

2) If am not, how can I avoid the 'Cradle Cap' situation?

7 comments:

Avartsy said...

I stopped braiding and banding before 3 mths, I've been sisterlocked 9 mths now. It just wasn't for me, just wash gently unbraided and u shd be fine. Squeeze sections dry with a washcloth.

Nubian1 said...

Avartsy thank you so much for the boost!

anthia-ofo said...

Or you can just band(no braiding) very loosely so you can reach your scalp.

JUST Euphoria said...

my consultant said that you only have to braid and band the first three months unless you have an excessive amount of slippage, for me I may braid and band every other wash or none at all depends on how I feel, now that I have my own tool if I just dont B&B at least I can take care of the slippage ASAP you might also want to try an ACV rinse for the dry scalp

Nubian1 said...

Ofo: sounds like a good idea to me. Ta

Euphoria: ACV rinse am on my way to google it and see if its something I can purchase here in the UK.
Ta

CarmenNC said...

Happy Birthday! Thanks for stopping by my blog with the b-day love! I'm still celebrating

Free McK. said...

beautiful locks and color!